Everyone learns in different ways. In fact, people have different learning abilities. Even though they may be equally intelligent, a teaching method that would some students might not as well others. Also, children learn best when their learning styles are determined and supported. So let’s have a deeper look at four common learning styles that would help you understand your child’s learning preference.
Learning Styles: A Closer Look
Understanding the concepts of the different learning styles is important in education. instance, your child’s preferred style can guide the way they’re learning. As you get to recognize your learning style, you can get the most out of your studies by using techniques that better you. Furthermore, this would also develop the speed and quality of your learning. Here’s what you need to know about these different learning styles and ways you can help your child succeed using one or a combination of them:
1.) Visual Learning Style – Children visual learning styles learn better using their sense of sight. They usually have an interest books and can study well the presence of images and even patterns.
- If your child also loves bright colors and seems to be attracted to textbooks clear diagrams and illustrations, they’re more likely a visual learner. In most cases, this learning style adapts some traditional classroom teaching methods.
- Also, learners good in visual learning mostly gain information by reading their handouts other visual aids from their teachers.
- If you believe your child is a visual learner, it’s best to surround them books which have bright pictures and stories. Take advantage of some visual representations to improve their learning process. You can also use highlighters as a learning aid.
2.) Auditory Learning Style – While visual learners make use of their sense of sight, auditory learners on the other hand, perform well through their sense of hearing. This means that they can learn better when concepts and topics are explained to them verbally. They can retain information when they hear them out loud paired sounds such as music.
- If you think your child is an auditory learner, be sure to encourage them to get the most out of this skill so they can excel in their studies.
- If they understand well through listening and speaking, tell them to practice it out loud. example, try to record what they’re reading and give the audio to them afterward. From there, let your child talk to you about the topic to determine whether they can study better by using their auditory sense.
3.) Reading and Writing Learning Style – Reading and writing learners are very good in taking notes during class discussions. They can understand better by reading their notes all over again.
- Students this learning style loves to read and as they can easily comprehend by doing them. Many times, you can see reading and writing learners browsing books in the library, therefore they might be considered as introverts since they mostly want to by themselves.
- Moreover, they’re also known being dictionary learners and spend most of their time reading and writing.
4.) Kinesthetic Learning Style – This is the most physical among all learning styles discussed in this article.
- Kinesthetic learners learn through their sense of touch, movements and motion. They can understand something when they get to feel it and do it. Letting your child do the process or procedure is one way of helping your child improve their kinesthetic learning style.
- If you notice they find more comfortable learning through touching and moving, encourage your child to do physical activities that help them understand topics better.
Learning Styles: Why Are They Popular?
Learning styles have become more popular in the field of education a variety of reasons. instance, one of the most important is the idea that you can do a lot of things using these styles in the process of learning.
- In one way or another, both parents and teachers would like to think that children are unique one another and a tailored education suited to each students’ learning preference should be considered.
- Since people are fundamentally different, preferences which every student is taught matter the most. It’s therefore vital to note that the very idea of taking a deeper look at these fundamental learning styles is appealing to any educational setting.
- Also, it makes sense that there can be several ways to personalize teaching to take full advantage of your child’s differences and preferences, thus making education more efficient.
- Recognizing these styles in advance, teachers can a variety of instruction that would be better all students. some learning styles theories in place research studies, what can be more important is the fact that these might serve as an inspiration to improve the education system in the State you live in.
- Additionally, it’s best to keep in mind that Gardner’s theory of intelligence is not similar learning styles. Having this assertion in mind, you can actually determine your child’s learning style by taking self-assessments or by consulting a professional educator.
The Bottom Line
Every learner is special – and that makes learning a wonderful process to know and discover. Hoping your child’s brighter future, it’s worth pondering how these styles can impact their way of learning. As someone who’s an advocate quality education, knowing about your child’s primary learning style can help you become a partner in their journey of learning. When your child finds a hard time understanding a concept, try to challenge them on how they can solve the problem based on how they can learn best. In the end, taking a closer look into these learning styles can kindle the curiosity they have about the world they’re in. That way, having a meaningful educated life ahead of your child would be within your reach.
Articles You May Like: